February 12, 2010

Table sorter javascript plugin

I was assigned a task to provide table sort by client-side. So I find table sorter for javascript and I found several plugin that meet my needs.
This is not a judgement which plugin is the best or worse, I know that plugin is not created for all circumstances. The best plugin is the one that most fit to your circumstances, style, and conditions.
I've try 3 table sorter plugin that most simple and suitable for my circumstances, this time I will explain them

1. TabOrderer (1 JS file. Mini: +/- 9KB, normal: +/- 22KB)
    Dependency: prototype
    +. This plugin have search, filter, and pagination feature.
    +. I think it's simple, easy to use and quite fast.
     -.  It's only accept data in JSON format, need to customize the table first.

2. TableFilter (3 JS files. Mini: +/- 25KB, normal +/- 67KB)
    Dependency: jquery, jquery.cookies, jquery.truemouseout, json, daemachTools
    +. This plugin have filter and pagination feature.
    +. I think it's simple and easy to use.
    +. Can change per-page setting on the fly.
    +. Can sort multiple columns.
    +. It accept data from ordinary table.
     -.  Lot's of dependency files, which make it bigger size.

3. TinyTable (1 JS file. Mini & normal: < 3KB)
    Dependency: prototype
    +. Tiny file size.
    +. This plugin have pagination feature.
    +. I think it's simple and easy to use.
     -.  Must add pagination control by ourself.


These three are the most fit to my conditions.
Note: My conditions is to sort table from search result, can be small to big data, should have pagination feature and no need to edit the row.
There are still a lot of plugins that I've not tried, if you want you can see it here,
ThePixelArt
Tympanus

No comments:

Post a Comment